Thursday, October 4, 2007

Cross Country

Went something like this....

1.5 day blast from NJ to Minneapolis...




Weekend with my aunt Deb and her family near Minneapolis...got to do some riding, see the sights and catch up...




from Minneapolis to Chadron, NE via the Badlands, Black Hills (more riding) and Buffalo Gap Grasslands...





spent the night in Chadron with Russ and Julie and then on to Jesse in Colorado Springs...guess what we did when I got there...





From CO Springs, it was a relatively short drive to the other side of the Rockies and Fruita, where I rode my bike and camped out in the desert...




Here's where it got rough. I was very excited to see Utah and Nevada because I have never experience the high desert. Well I got my fill. It took me something like 18 hours to get to Lake Tahoe. The scenery was fantastic for most of the ride, but the wind in Nevada was brutal! I felt like my car was going to come to a dead stop at times.



Good thing I had Nate to greet me when I got there! Here's what I saw when I looked out the window in the morning...



On Sunday, Nate skipped out on work, so he, Jay and I did a local ride where I was both thoroughly humbled yet completely ecstatic by the end...



Monday morning entailed a quick breakfast with Nate in Truckee, then on the road again to Corvallis, OR where Sarah lives. This was another stretch that was rather grueling. Getting through the Sierras was OK, especially with views of Mt. Shasta leading me on...but Oregon seemed to go on forever...



Sarah took me out to an awesome vegetarian place in Corvallis when I got there so I could gather myself for the last day of driving...

And wadayano....I didn't take a single freakin picture on the last day. I was pretty nervous about moving into a new place and going to work the next day so I spaced...

No comments: