Sunday, July 22, 2007

European Vacation Part 7 - the end for now

The night I got to Weinheim, Jochen and Andi were planning on having dinner at Andi's mother's house, so I joined them. Mrs. Knopf cooked us a wonderful and delicious dinner and then we went out for a walk. Pretty soon we found the blackberries....tons of them. Dessert!







On June 17, the whole family and I went canoing on the Lahn river in Hessen. It had been a while since I was in a canoe, so I was excited to float again. The river was idyllic...nothing but green passing through small villages. There are some small falls along the way, but we didn't run them, instead we made use of the locks. It was a great end to my trip and I enjoyed connecting with the Kinzels again. When we got back to the house, I checked my email and saw I had a message from TRUMPF. After some back and forth, I was offered an interview for the next day.

I spent the last day of my trip preparing for and then having an interview in Ditzingen with TRUMPF. I think it went pretty well, but I will know for sure within 2 weeks.

I had an amazing trip, but it wouldn't have been half as good without the friends who supported me....so thank you to all of you who let me stay, took me out, or just befriended me along the way! I may be back sooner than you think.

2 comments:

b said...

pete! for some reason your e-mail went straight to my junk mail box. looks like you are having a great time. I just got a new job in the city, digital PR/buzz marketing. I start next week, other than that, not much new.

hope you are great, we all miss you and are looking forward to a group bbq/themed excuse to drink sometime soon :)

take care! - Brit

Kelsey said...

so guess who got her permit!! me! i passed the test yesterday!! i'm so excited...but i bet deb's worried i'll ruin her car :D.

you need to come visit us in MN again! i'm going to drag you up north to the boundary waters and see how tough you really are. haha.

miss you!
xoxo Kelsey